Built in 1953 and hung on the port side of the Royal Yacht Britannia, she is half way through restoration and can be bought as such. She has all her original fittings and engine cover and original Perkins P4M with Centrifugal Gearbox and solid bronze Tiller arm. She has been stripped back to her original Honduras Mahogany which is double diagonal with canvas between the mahogany. Aluminium sectional flooring, buoyancy tanks under the seating compartments which have been refurbished. She needs some repairs to the upper bow gunnels and the engine refitted. She has her original prop and shaft which have been kept aside until her restoration is complete. She also has her original chrome plated fuel tank and funnels, the engine has been completely re built and re painted. Rudder has been completely refurbished. 27ft x approx 8ft and weighs approx 2.5 tonne without engine. She has a top speed of approx 20 knots which allowed her to keep up with the Royal barge during the Queens duties. Decommissioned in the 80's when she was replaced with a GRP Jolly boat. We believe this is the only one left in her original state with original engine and we also have a Letter of Authentication from the Commander of the Royal Yacht.
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||27'|
All details are given in good faith but we cannot guarantee the accuracy of them. We would always recommend you get advice from a Surveyor prior to purchase.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.